Unwrap the Joy of Baking: Irresistible Holiday Cookie Recipes
The season of warmth, love, and delightful treats is upon us. With the holidays just around the corner, there's no better time to roll up your sleeves, put on your apron, and immerse yourself in the cozy world of baking. In this delectable journey, we're about to embark on, you'll find an a holiday cookie recipe that will not only tantalize your taste buds but also fill your home with the irresistible aroma of Christmas cheer.
Christmas Candy Cookies: A Sweet Symphony of Old-Fashioned Delights
Nothing embodies the spirit of the holidays quite like old-fashioned Christmas candy. These delightful cookies are like a nostalgic trip down memory lane. Imagine bits of candy canes, rich chocolate chips, and festive sprinkles all wrapped up in a buttery, melt-in-your-mouth cookie. The sweet crunch of peppermint candy complements the soft cookie base, making it a delightful contrast in texture. As you savor these treats, you'll be transported to the cozy, candle-lit Christmases of yore. Whether you're a seasoned baker looking for new easy recipes or a family searching for kid-friendly baking activities, these Christmas cookies are bound to be a hit!
Ingredients to Spread the Holiday Cheer:
- 135 g salted butter
- 110 g brown sugar
- 55 g white sugar
- 2 teaspoons of pure vanilla extract
- 1 egg (50g)
- 175 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda (3g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (2g)
- 155 g chocolate chips
- 70 g Colombina Butter Cookies, crushed
- Colombina Christmas Marshmallows, chopped (as many as your heart desires)
- Colombina Chocolate Covered Wafer Bites, cut into 4 small cubes (let's get creative!)
- Colombina Mixins, peppermint flavor, chopped (customize to your liking)
Guidance for Crafting Holiday Magic:
- Begin your journey by preheating your oven to a cozy 180 degrees Celsius (350 degrees Fahrenheit). While you're at it, line a baking tray with parchment paper – the canvas for your cookie masterpiece.
- Now, the fun begins! In a roomy bowl, let the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar meet your electric mixer's rhythmic beat. Just 2 minutes of mixing, and you'll have a creamy, light, and fluffy concoction. Add the vanilla extract and that eager egg, mixing until they've become the best of friends.
- In a separate bowl, we're creating cookie artistry. Combine the flour with the baking soda and salt – the supporting cast. Introduce them to the wet ingredients, stirring gently until they harmonize. Then, welcome the stars of the show - those tantalizing chocolate chips and the crushed Colombina Butter Cookies. Let the ensemble shine!
- To make these cookies extra special, shape them into 55-gram balls. If you're feeling creative, adorn some with bits of peppermint Mixins. Time to cool off in the freezer for 30 minutes – just like a star taking a quick costume change.
- Place your cookie creations on the prepared tray, making sure not to overcrowd it. If it's on the smaller side, consider baking in batches. In the oven, they go, baking to perfection for approximately 10 minutes. Can you feel the excitement building?
- As they emerge from the oven, grab a circular object like a glass or a small bowl, and let the cookie makeover begin. Perfect their shape to your liking. While you're at it, add those tempting pieces of Christmas Marshmallows and Wafer Bites to the cookies without Mixins, gently pressing them in.
- Now, patience is a virtue. Allow your cookies to cool on the tray for at least 10 minutes. This time lets them firm up and allows the marshmallow pieces to achieve that perfect gooeyness.
- The grand finale is here! Serve and indulge in the warm, gooey, and absolutely delightful cookies you've created. Share them with your loved ones, and watch their faces light up with joy. Perhaps pair them with our Cookie Jar for Santa for extra sweetness and magic!
With this Holiday Cookie Recipe, you're all set to make your home a haven of holiday delight. So, go ahead, create delicious memories with your loved ones, and let the holiday spirit fill every nook and cranny of your home. Happy baking, and may your holidays be as sweet as these cookies!
We are immensely grateful to Alicia Co. for creating this delectable recipe for us!
También puedes encontrar la receta en español: Receta de Galletas Navideñas: Una tradición llena de dulzura