Preparation Time: 20 minutes | Freezing Time: Approximately 7 hours
Bringing the Caribbean Vibes to Your Home Year-Round with Delicious Guava Ice Cream
Cruel summer? Not here, it isn't! No matter what the weather is like outside, you can always bring the sunny Caribbean vibes to your home. Even when it's chilly, a scoop of velvety guava ice cream can transport you to the warmth of a tropical beach. If you haven't experienced the wonder of guava yet, just imagine a fruit with a unique sweetness that dances between strawberries and pears, all with a distinct guava twist. Intrigued? Get ready to embark on a Caribbean culinary journey with Colombina's Guava Spread, a bottle of Caribbean enchantment ready to transform your treats.
Why settle for just a typical jam spread when you can make homemade guava ice cream that will become your favorite dessert, no matter the season? Excited? Let's dive into this delightful and refreshing guava ice cream recipe.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup of 2% milk
- 2 cups of half and half
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup of granulated sugar
- A pinch of coarse salt or Hawaiian sea salt
- ½ – 1 cup of Colombina's Guava Spread
Let's Whip Up Some Magic:
- Mix the Ingredients: In a roomy bowl, whisk together milk, half and half, vanilla, sugar, and salt until the sugar fully dissolves.
- Incorporate the Guava: Pour in Colombina's Guava Spread. Blend until it's smooth and dreamy.
- First Freeze: Transfer this tropical concoction into a shallow, freezer-friendly dish. Let it chill for about 1-2 hours, or until you notice the edges starting to firm up.
- Stir and Banish the Ice Crystals: Once the edges have set, give the mixture a hearty stir. This step ensures a creamy texture by preventing the formation of ice crystals. And don't fret if a few crystals form; the tropical flavors will still shine through!
- Repeat the Process: Return it to the freezer. Every half an hour or so, stir it up. Repeat this step three times or until you achieve a soft, creamy consistency.
- The Final Freeze: When the texture feels just right, cover the dish, ensuring that the wrap touches the mixture's surface. This helps minimize ice crystals. Now, let it freeze for 4 hours or longer.
- Scoop, Serve, and Savor: Once it's frozen, allow it to soften a bit at room temperature. Then, scoop, serve, and, if you wish, drizzle it with more Colombina's Guava Spread. Dive right in!
For those yet to savor the delight of Colombina's Guava Spread, you can purchase it here.
Pro Tip: For an extra dose of creaminess, fold in whipped heavy cream just before the initial freeze.
Simple, isn't it? The best part is that now anyone can whip up this tropical guava ice cream treat at home, using Colombina's Guava Spread, regardless of the season. And if you haven't secured your jar of this Caribbean enchantment yet, grab one now and set off on a tropical adventure!
Indulge in the tropical charm of homemade Guava Ice Cream, prepared with Colombina's Guava Spread. This easy recipe brings the Caribbean to your home, offering a taste of paradise all year round. No ice cream maker required.