Get ready for a delicious adventure that will transport you straight to the heart of Argentina with our homemade alfajores recipe, featuring the creamy richness of Colombina's Dulce de Leche. These delightful treats capture the essence of South American indulgence, and we're here to guide you on this fun and trendy culinary voyage!
Prep Time: 25 minutes (plus 1-hour refrigeration) | Baking Time: 12-15 minutes
Experience the Sweet Essence of Argentina in Every Bite!
A Journey to the Heart of South America:
Forget about tango and futbol – Argentina is also a hidden treasure trove of mouthwatering sweets. At the very heart of this sweet obsession lies "dulce de leche," a velvety caramel spread that's nothing short of a culinary legend in South America. Imagine a luscious, slow-simmered concoction of milk and sugar, and you've got a taste of the magic that is dulce de leche. Thanks to Colombina's Dulce de Leche, you don't need a plane ticket to experience this South American charm. We've bottled it up, ready for you to bring its magic to life right in your own kitchen.
The Star of Many Desserts:
While dulce de leche is a superstar on its own, it truly shines when it's lovingly nestled between two tender cookies, creating the irresistible "alfajor." These delicate cookies, oozing with dulce de leche and often adorned with coconut or chocolate, are a testament to Argentina's rich culinary heritage.
Ready to bring this South American gem to your kitchen? ¡Vamos!
What You'll Need:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup Colombina's Dulce de Leche
- Desiccated coconut (optional) or melted chocolate for dipping (optional)
Whisking Up Magic:
- Mix Dry Ingredients: In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt.
- Cream Butter and Sugar: In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until creamy and light. Add egg yolks, vanilla, and lemon zest. Beat well.
- Form the Dough: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, stirring to form a soft dough. Wrap the dough in plastic and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Preheat and Roll: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut and Bake: Using a round cookie cutter, cut out cookies and place them on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Allow them to cool.
- Fill with Dulce De Leche Magic: Once cooled, spread a generous amount of Colombina's Dulce de Leche on one cookie and sandwich with another. Optionally, you can roll the sides in desiccated coconut or dip them in melted chocolate.
- Indulge in Argentinian Charm: Enjoy your homemade Argentinian alfajores with a cup of coffee or tea.
Expert Tip: For a deeper flavor, you can lightly toast the desiccated coconut before rolling the alfajores in it.
There you have it – an easy path to creating Argentinian delights right in your kitchen. With Colombina's Dulce de Leche, every bite is a trip to the heart of South America. If you're yet to experience the magic of Colombina's Dulce de Leche, grab your jar now and set sail on a sweet journey! It's time to embrace the sweet side of Argentina and take your taste buds on a South American adventure!
Experience the flavors of Argentina at home with our homemade Argentinian alfajores recipe, starring Colombina's Dulce de Leche. These delightful treats capture the essence of South American sweetness, allowing you to savor the taste of Argentina without leaving your kitchen. It's a simple, authentic recipe that brings the heart of Argentina to your table.